cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesgutzmer
New Member - Level 1

How to delete my old comments from expenses???

Anyone know how to delete original comments from expense reports? It seems i can only add new comments and the first comments are logged in with a date/time stamp with no option to remove. 

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wesgutzmer I did a quick test on this and from what I saw, comments cannot be deleted once entered. I am sure we have a business reason for why the system is designed this way. If I had to guess, the comments could contain some important information that could help keep the employee or the company out of trouble, so to speak. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @wesgutzmer 

I would split a few types of comments and done by different people within the hierarchy of Concur's expense system:

As an employee submitting expenses:

Once you entered a comment in an expense line item or at the report header level, you can always edit it up until the expense still unsubmitted. If the expense report got submitted, it is correctly not possible to change those, so only possible if the expense report got rejected back to you, so again appearing on your Unsubmitted expense report.

As Manager (or Expense Processor/auditor) while rejecting an expense report back to employees:

While doing this operation, you will need to enter a comment with the reason of sending it back to employee. Those comments are duly registered and recorded with date and time (in Audit Trial), so no possible to remove them or modify at any point (compliance reasons). However the ONLY way to remove history and comments from an expense report would be to have the full report (only if was not yet approved for payment) deleted and cancelled. This operation could ONLY be done by the expense submitter (so the specific employee or someone who is enable on the system to be their proxy).

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
kd96207
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi, How can I add comment in a submitted and approved expense report? The status of my reimbursement says "Hold for payment and add comment..." 
Is there a way to add comment again? I cannot find any open field and cannot even recall my report to add comment. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kd96207 Your report has already gone through some approvals, so I don't believe any further action is needed. Plus, in looking at your report, there isn't a Comment field visible. 

I would wait a few more days to see if you get any notification from the system. I would think someone is monitoring reports with a Holding Payment status.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kd96207
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you. I shall wait and see if I will get that notification. But if for some reason, I wont get any, is there any group that I can reach to or can I talk to the person who hold it for payment?