cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterEck
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to correct and already processed expense report?

Hi,

I submitted 2 expense reports in 2023. They were both approved and money was reimbursed to my account.

I just noticed later that the exchange rate on the expense report is different than on my the actual date it was processed from my credit card, and therefore I lost some amount.

My question is, how can I get a correction for get back the money, caused by exchange rate report?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeterEck so I'm clear, the amount you entered on your report was not the amount shown on your credit card statement after the conversion had taken place, is that correct? If so, your recourse would be to reach out to someone in your Finance or Payroll department to ask them how to handle this. You cannot edit these reports since they have already been paid. 

It might be that you need to create a new expense report and provide your credit card statement showing the amounts actually charged to your card and the amounts on your reports. Provide the amount of the delta due to the different exchange rates. 

I say to reach out to one of those departments, because they will know how to handle this.

For future reference, and I'm sure you have already determined this, when traveling internationally and using a personal card, wait for the charges to post to your card statement to ensure you don't have any conversion rate discrepancies. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PeterEck
Occasional Member - Level 1

Dear Kevin, thank you for your feedback. I am going to connect with my contacts.