cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
averykartes
Occasional Member - Level 1

How to change cost center for one expense report

I am trying to change the cost center for an expense report but every time I try to change it on the report header or try to allocate an expense to a different cost center, I get the following error on each expense:

"You are not allowed to Cross Charge expenses.  You must click the Allocate button for this Entry and change the Cost Center and/or Location fields back to the default value to continue.  If you aren't sure what the default is, go to Details>Report Header."

Is there a way to charge expenses to another cost center that is not the default cost center on your account?

3 REPLIES 3
Tinu
New Member - Level 1

Can someone look into this ? I am in same boat... Need to allocate expenses to different cost center

tcjohn
New Member - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Any resolution or guidance on this? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@averykartes and @tcjohn this message means your company doesn't allow you to change cost centers or cross charge. Based on this message, just submit the report with the default cost center value. 

If you feel the expenses should be cross-charged, then add a comment to your report and let the Expense Processors sort it out. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.