cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debbie-N-OK
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to change Business Type?

We are just getting used to having Business Types.  I need to change several of them as the user and approver didn't know they were incorrect.  How can this be done?

Thank you!

Debbie McKay, GLP GTP CCTE

debbie.mckay@shimmick.com

Shimmick   |  Manager - Travel and Expense Operations

7 REPLIES 7
dlamont
Super User
Super User

Hi Debbie-N-OK,

Sounds like a custom field, Concur support should be able to help you with this.  Could be they don't have it available for you to change, and they can help with that also.

DLamont

Also, you would most likely need to be a Concur admin in order the field, and to submit a case you would need to have permissions set to do so.  If you are not your company's admin for Concur, contact them to check with Concur support.

DLamont
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Debbie-N-OK I'm going to need a little more information here. From what you described it sounds like an expense report was submitted and then approved. Then it was realized the wrong Business Types were used. Is that correct? If so, is this your own expense report or a report for someone else? Also, what is the current status of this expense report?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Debbie-N-OK

Hi Kevin,

I don't think that I attached my response to you in the correct location.  So submitting this again.

Yes, you are correct.  We have a person who "audits," but really only for accounting and general compliance.  We have also added a number of Expense Types, which also need to be moved so that reports are correct.  No, my reports are fine - it's everyone else's that have been paid.  When I can catch them prior to approval, I change them.

@Debbie-N-OK reports that are fully approved and in a closed batch cannot be changed. Reports that are fully approved but in an open batch can be recalled to the Processor, if you have turned this option on in your site. Once recalled to processor, the processor can make the changes or send back to the employee.

What do you mean by "we have added a number of Expense Types, which also need to be moved"? Do you mean changed? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Debbie-N-OK

DebbieNOK_0-1687546743934.png

We have two types of expense types, for example, "Airfare" and "Airfare Indirect/Overhead".  We did this because there are reports that we need to run just with all of the job-related costs (in this case, would the Airfare) or other times needing to see all Indirect/Overhead costs (those like Airfare Indirect/Overhead). So we were going to pull reports (not necessarily in CONCUR but from the data) on that statement "Indirect/Overhead".  However, getting started with CONCUR, our internal "auditor" let a number of the wrong codings go through.  Is there a way in CONCUR to change them, or (as it sounds like I'll have to do) go through the data in excel and correct these errors?

Debbie-N-OK

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you are correct.  We have a person who "audits," but really only for accounting and general compliance.  We have also added a number of Expense Types, which also need to be moved so that reports are correct.  No, my reports are fine - it's everyone else's that have been paid.  When I can catch them prior to approval, I change them.