cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackFan
Routine Member - Level 1

How to add annotation to receipt

Hi there,

This question comes from one of our employees. She want to add notes to the receipt for example "Fuel" or "Business meals at Boston" so that the auditor can identify the receipt in the "printed receipt" where 10+ receipts are printed together. I found the workaround, which is add the annotation in the PDF and then upload to Concur. But what I want to know is, is there a way to add notes in Concur? What if the user takes a picture of the receipt with the cellphone app? What if the employee doesn't have a PDF editor to edit the receipt image? Anyone has ever tried that? 

4 REPLIES 4
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @JackFan 

I am unsure of the specific request, as in Concur you have fields while completing the expenses such as "Business purpose" and "Comments" which there should be the exact place to include relevant details without the need to edit PDFs or more complicated ways. This would be actually more valuable also for audits purposes.  Or please clarify better for me what is the main aim for editing PDFs. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
JackFan
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi Alessandro, 

The situation is, the  employee will prepare a "package" of specific report to the auditor to review. The package should not only include the details of the expense (business purpose, comments etc., which is what you have mentioned) but also the corresponding receipt images. So we use the "printed report" function in Concur to prepare the package, which will includes all the receipt images at the end of the "printed report" when you save the "printed report" in PDF format. The problem is, all the receipts are print together at the end of the "printed report".  When the package have 10+ receipts,  the  auditor could not easily identify which receipt is for which expense. Therefore, we would like to be able add notes directly on the receipts to tell the auditor what is what. 

Thank you for your reply!

Jack 

Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

@JackFan 

is there a way to get the original receipts together? 

At the end, the employee did already what needed to do, and are the auditors asking something more to make "easier" their life, for something that personally I don't see the real point.. they can still see everything in Concur and since they are "auditors" they should go deeper to see if something wasn't done correctly... The employee shouldn't need to waste time on those matters... than if auditors will find fraudulent transactions, or something missing, in that case become the problem to the employee to explain the situation. At this stage, I more than what auditors can have access, I don't see more.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
JackFan
Routine Member - Level 1

Thank you for your reply.