cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcmaster8
Occasional Member - Level 2

How to add a credit from hotel expense to original expense from Hotel?

How to add a credit from hotel expense to original expense from Hotel?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmcmaster8 do you have the original expense charge from the hotel added to an expense report that is not yet submitted? 

Also, because the credit will come in as its own separate charge with a negative amount, it cannot be combined or added to the original charge, but can be added to the same report where the original hotel charge sits. 

If the report with the original charge is submitted, but not yet fully approved, you can open that report and use the Recall button to pull it back to add the credit to that report. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmcmaster8 do you have the original expense charge from the hotel added to an expense report that is not yet submitted? 

Also, because the credit will come in as its own separate charge with a negative amount, it cannot be combined or added to the original charge, but can be added to the same report where the original hotel charge sits. 

If the report with the original charge is submitted, but not yet fully approved, you can open that report and use the Recall button to pull it back to add the credit to that report. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jmcmaster8

My main problem was it was not matching the total of my Trip Expense that was created. I finally recreated a new expense and delete the one that matched my Itinerary. Also the credit did show up in the same report. Thank you

rwolf9

I have a credit on the original hotel bill which was deducted from the total that was charged to the Corporate Card. When I itemize the cost of the room and taxes. The total itemization shows a total that is higher than what was charged because of the $50.00 credit? How do I itemize a credit?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rwolf9 add a new itemization and enter in $-50.00. I believe the system will take a negative amount. Try that and let me know how it works.

If it doesn't work, let me know. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rwolf9

Hi Kevin,  one more question. There was a personal charge and a credit in my executive's Concur. I expensed both the charge and the credit, so the expense report shows a 0.00 dollar amount, but there is still a charge showing in his expenses why?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rwolf9 I would need to see what you are talking about. If you can take a screenshot for me, that would be great. Please screenshot as much of the screen as you can.

I tried looking up your profile to see who you are acting on behalf of, but I didn't find your profile in the Optum site. I tried searching for the email you have listed here on Community, but nothing came up. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rwolf9

I sent back an email with screen shots for the entire expense report. I pulled the report back and I won't submit it again until it is correct.

rwolf9

Saw email box is not monitored. Below are all the screen shots

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rwolf9 I emailed you the resolution. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rwolf9

I received your email, but I don't understand it. I submitted both the charge and the credit in the same expense report. See my Screen Shot and itemized both the charge and the credit already. I don't understand.

rwolf9

So on the expense itemizations, do I just uncheck the personal expense box from all of the itemizations?

rwolf9

Okay, looks like it is fixed. BTW, when I imported the expenses the first time, the expense marked as personal, came in like that. I didn't change it.

rwolf9

Spoiler
Can't figure out how to select Accept Solution, but you did! Thank you!!
mansetw
Occasional Member - Level 1

I had the same issue, however, the original charge that I am now being credited for, was already submitted in a previous expense report...so I don't know how to handle this now!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mansetw you will need to wait until you have more corporate card charges that come in and add those and the credit to the same report. As long as the corporate card charge amounts total more than the credit, you'll be good.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
rwolf9

rwolf9_0-1662053390414.png

rwolf9

rwolf9_1-1662053625435.png

This is showing because I recalled the report correct?

rwolf9

rwolf9_2-1662053855167.png

rwolf9

rwolf9_3-1662053933899.png

rwolf9_4-1662053933906.png

rwolf9

Attached are the screen shots from Jesse's profile.

rwolf9_5-1662054015307.png

rwolf9_6-1662054015309.png

rwolf9_7-1662054015312.png

rwolf9_8-1662054015315.png

rwolf9_9-1662054015318.png

rwolf9_10-1662054015324.png

rwolf9_11-1662054015330.png

rwolf9_12-1662054015336.png

rwolf9_13-1662054015343.png

rwolf9_14-1662054015347.png

rwolf9_15-1662054015351.png

rwolf9_16-1662054015355.png