cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erin_hilly
Occasional Member - Level 3

How frequently is cognos reporting updated

Hello

I ran a report this morning dated 26/10/22 to view the status of expense claims so we could follow up employees to submit ahead of month end. 

One user was coming up with unassigned expenses, however I could see in the processor screen that he had submitted his report yesterday to his manager. Just hoping to understand the time delay is - are the reports refreshed throughout the day (eg: every hour) or is it once per day?

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@erin_hilly the data warehouse updates once a day starting usually around 9pm. I'm asking for clarification if 9pm is based on your local time or on the local time of the data center where you SAP Concur site sits. If it is 9pm based on where the data center sits, then that could account for some discrepancy in the data you see in SAP Concur compared to what you see coming from Cognos. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
erin_hilly
Occasional Member - Level 3

@KevinD Thank you. That is good to know it only updates once a day. We would be on the US data centre so that would make sense if it is 9pm US time. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@erin_hilly slight update for you. The time frame is 7pm-7am of your processing zone time, which you are on U.S. Central time. The Overnight Processing (ONP) can run anytime during this 12 hour window. So, it doesn't always run at the exact same time, but the processing should be done by 7am.

Tip: Do not schedule any reports to run during this time. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.