cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gina1
Occasional Member - Level 1

How do I set up customers and projects for billable expenses?

We have billable expenses submitted through SAP and I need to set up a Customer and Project fields so that my employees can pick from a drop-down list instead of typing the information. When they type, they are making mistakes so the information is not coming to my accounting system because it is not matching the way they are spelled in the system. This was never set up during implementation. Does anyone know who to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gina1 good question. I do know how to do this, but the question is do you have the proper access to do this? I'm asking because what you are asking is a two part process. The first part is setting up a list of Customers and Projects, which is done on the List Management screen. It is a fairly straightforward process and likely your site permissions give you access. However, part two of the process requires access to Forms and Fields. You will need to tie the list of customers and projects to fields then add those fields to forms. The permission to access forms and fields is not given out unless you have completed our Advanced Configuration class. So, if you haven't completed this class and no one else at your company has, you will need to submit a Help ticket to Concur Support to get this accomplished.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
gina1

Hi Kevin, thank you so much for the information. Where can I find the List Management screen to set the Customers and Projects?

I will submit a Help ticket to complete the Advanced Configuration class as I have not done so and no one else has as we were not aware of this.

Kind regards,

Gina

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gina1 when signed in, click Home in the upper left. Under Administration select Expense. This brings up the Expense Admin options. They are in alphabetical order. Look for List Management.

Is the list of customers and projects two separate lists or do you want to set the lists up where if a user selects Customer A then they would only see projects related to that customer? We call these connected lists, where what the user selects from the first list, determines what they can choose in the second list.

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
gina1

@KevinD I don't see the List Management option. I have User Accounts, Manage Single Sign-On, Custom Fields, Payment Types, Expense Types for Expenses, Mileage, Connections, Expense File Export, Reporting, Expense Approvals, Expense Compliance, Policy Groups and Employee Reimbursements. I would like to have a connected list to make it easier for the user to scroll only for the projects related to the customer.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gina1 Ahhhhh....you are on our Standard platform. You would create a connected or multi-level list using the Custom Fields option. 

Thank you,
Kevin
gina1

@KevinD I already tried that but didn't work. It actually caused the daily connection to fail. Is this because we have the Standard Platform? Where can I find the differences between the Standard and the Professional platfoms?

I also need to work on approval workflows per department and for different companies. I was going to tackle one thing at a time, but the reason it might not be working like I need it is because of us having the Standard version. Do you know if that's the case? I have not been able to find how to set up the workflows for approvals. I apologize for all the questions. When we set up Concur last year it was only for expense reimbursements and we did not have a Delegation of Authority for approvals nor we had credit card transactions feeding to Concur, nor billable expenses. So trying to update the configuration has been quite difficult.