cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abrasure
Occasional Member - Level 1

How do I add a column on Expense Entry Analysis Detail report?

We recently moved to variable rates.  Each user needed to create their personal vehicle profile.  Some could claim the IRS rate while others needed to claim the decreased amount of $.40 per mile.  I need to run a report showing employees and the rate the chose.  I want to then run a report to show the savings we realized due to decreasing the reimbursement rate.  I cannot find anywhere to add the distance field and have it display accurately.

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abrasure are both the IRS rate and the .40 per mile lower rates than you used to allow? Are you measuring the savings based on only the employees that are using the $.40 rate?

Wouldn' t you need to have in your report as well last year's mileage expenses so you can see the difference in what was paid out last year versus this year?

I'm just trying to picture how you will see the savings, if you aren't comparing this year to some other time frame.

I can tell you that there is a Distance field in the Data Warehouse that you can add to your report. You would also be able to see the calculated amount, but I don't think you will be able to see the rate used though. Although, you could create a calculation on the distance and amount field that would figure out the rate.

Lastly, you might find it a little easier to just build your own report specific to mileage rather than try and edit the Expense Entry Analysis Report. It would probably take you the same amount of time and this way you know exactly how the report was built.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
abrasure

We implemented the $.40 per mile change in January.  Some cost centers remained on the IRS rate.  I need either the rate they used to claim or the distance so I can compute that in excel.  Yes, I plan on just dividing the total amount by the distance or by the rate.  I will then determine the amount we saved by taking those miles (claimed at the $.40 rate) and compare it to what it would have cost if they were able to also claim the IRS rate.   I added both Distance and Business distance fields in my report but neither of them produce any results.  

abrasure

We implemented the $.40 per mile change in January.  Some cost centers remained on the IRS rate.  I need either the rate they used to claim or the distance so I can compute that in excel.  Yes, I plan on just dividing the total amount by the distance or by the rate.  I will then determine the amount we saved by taking those miles (claimed at the $.40 rate) and compare it to what it would have cost if they were able to also claim the IRS rate.   I added both Distance and Business distance fields in my report but neither of them produce any results.