cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-Kap
Occasional Member - Level 3

How can you change the default report output for all Cognoa users

Hello All, When a user runs a report the default output is HTML but I would like to set the default as Excel 2007 format for all cognos users I know that the users themselves can set the preference themselves but I would like to know if this can be done globally? Could anyone please advise if this is possible? If so how can this be done? Many thanks Joy
1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap when you are in Cognos and looking at a list of reports, under the Actions column you will see list of icons. The first icon (if you hover over it) will say Properties. Click this icon. When the properties open, click the middle tab at the top. It will say either Query or Report. When the Query or Report options open, click the checkbox that says, "Override the default values". From the drop down options, choose the format. Click OK. This should save the output format default to the selected file type. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-Kap when you are in Cognos and looking at a list of reports, under the Actions column you will see list of icons. The first icon (if you hover over it) will say Properties. Click this icon. When the properties open, click the middle tab at the top. It will say either Query or Report. When the Query or Report options open, click the checkbox that says, "Override the default values". From the drop down options, choose the format. Click OK. This should save the output format default to the selected file type. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
J-Kap
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Kevin, thanks for clarifying! It helped me understand where I was going wrong.