cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amckenzie
Occasional Member - Level 2

How can I pay the company back?

I am needing to get a new phone. My phone plan is on our company account with Verizon and the monthly phone bill is paid for by the company. We would like to do the payment plan for the phone, which will add the monthly device payment to our bill, which of course will be paid for by the company. However, I would like to pay the device payment myself on a monthly payment plan, so that I own the phone should I ever depart from the company. So is there a way to pay the company through concur?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amckenzie there is technically not a way to pay your company back, per se, through SAP Concur. You will need to speak to someone in your Finance or Payroll department to ask them what your company's process is for this situation.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lisago12
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi amckenzie, Please reach out to your company's administrator and they will be able to go over your company's phone policy with you.

Have a great day!

Thank you,
LisaMarie Gomez
SAP Concur Community
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

amckenzie

Hello LisaMarie,

Thank you for your reply. I am not needing my company's phone policy, I am just needing to know if there's a way to pay my company back through concur.

Thank you.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amckenzie there is technically not a way to pay your company back, per se, through SAP Concur. You will need to speak to someone in your Finance or Payroll department to ask them what your company's process is for this situation.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
amckenzie

Thanks Kevin! This is the answer I was looking for. I just received word back from my employer and was told the same thing. I appreciate your response!

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

If I understand correctly, the company pays your bill and will be paying for the phone, but you want to pay the company back for the phone, so you own, it in monthly payments.  I can suggest that you create a negative (-$) expense each month and attach the phone receipt with the payment amount deducted/dated until you have paid for the phone.  You would need to have expenses each month that exceed this amount since it will deduct that amount from your reimbursement.  And it would have to be approved by your mgr and company.

Nancy Murray
Agfa