cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chenjiaqiu
New Member - Level 1

How can I merge two expenses in concur

Hi  

My hotel cost seperate to two expenses . How can i merge them together ? did not see any merge menu when i choose these two.

chenjiaqiu_0-1630471774561.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @chenjiaqiu 

it is not possible to merge transactions in Concur. It is quite common in China that they charge the credit card up to a limit (e.g. 6000 CYN) and add another charge for the difference. I know it is annoying for the one that need to do the expenses and a bit more challenging to do it.

I can advise that if I were you I would, if the total hotel bill was  6'360.12 CYN would do the following:

1 - Transactions 360.12 CYN put under expense type Miscellaneous OR Others OR something where you will need to add an additional comment of explanation (e.g. balancing hotel bill, see additional transactions)

2- Itemize the full hotel bill for the total amount of 6360.12 CYN adding an additional transaction negative for -360.12 CYN, choosing the same expense type as point n.1 and date of that transaction, which will balance with the itemization and with the other transaction.

This is the way I was suggesting to do to my users which worked pretty well as clear by an accounting and expense point of view. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chenjiaqiu when an expense comes from a credit card, they cannot be combined. They have to be submitted as separate expenses/charges. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jormaiquez
New Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin I have the same problem, if I can´t merge those expenses I will have diferences when I put the details of these expenses because the first value was a deposit and the second was the diference of the total stay cost , how can I solve this issue? thks. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jormaiquez I'm guessing the deposit was for a hotel stay? If so, that can be entered by itself. Was the deposit the amount of one night's stay? If so, then you can itemize it out as one of the nights. Just make it a one day stay. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.