cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliatabsinvcom
New Member - Level 2

How are admins who work on executive's reports going to log in when 2FA is enabled?

How are admins who work on executive's reports going to log in when 2FA is enabled? You cannot register 2 devices.  Am I to ask my boss for a 6 digit code every single day? 

41 REPLIES 41
monteypoo
Occasional Member - Level 2

I believe we will face the same issue. I'm sure we will be told that admins will need to work on the reports through the delegate function, but there are other issues this causes such as the inability to attach a missing receipt affidavit when you are acting on behalf of another user.

Support told me last week we could activate 2 phones, but that does not appear to wear- whichever phone was setup first gets the actual working code. :...(

@aliatabsinvcom there is a way to set up 2FA on two different phones for the same account. I don't know if I'm allowed to say any more than that, so you may need to do a little researching to see how this can be done. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sddesi
New Member - Level 1

I did research it and cannot find an answer.  Can both phones receive the code individually?  Where is this information located?  Can you help with a breadcrumb? Key words?

TeresaN

@monteypoo what is the delegate function and how do we turn it on?  This is going to affect our admin so this may be our only workaround. thanks!

aliatabsinvcom
New Member - Level 2

acting on behalf of does not work because transactions don't sync for delegates.  The executive would have to create a report and add the expenses to that report for you to work on them.  I'm tempted to enabled the smart expense tool that automatically adds charges to reports to see if that helps...

TeresaN

Curious if that works. Our executive admin completes her own report as well as our four executives reports.  They email her their receipts and she logs in as them and prepares the reports.  They will not always be available to message her a code when she tries to log in as them.  

LynnH
Occasional Member - Level 1

This is my issue now too.  I have 4 executives plus my own report to do.  I need to be able to login to their accounts.  I only have one phone.  They are not going to send me a code form their phones.  Can we turn the T2 off altogether?

Concur told us to turn on Smart Expense, that the transactions would flow into unsubmitted report. They don't. We have started another ticket. 

monteypoo

Go to Company Admin > User Administration > Search for the user that needs support from the admin with their expenses > go in to their profile and select expense delegates, and then from here you can define any delegates you need to and any permissions for specific things such as adding receipt and submitting reports, there is also an option for receiving emails which is helpful so that the admin will receive notifications when any expenses are approved or returned due to queries.

monteypoo_1-1697724010302.png

monteypoo

For the admin to switch accounts they then just need to select this icon in the top right of the UI, tick the delegate box, and select the user they need to assist from the drop down.

The only issue is the one I mentioned, for some clever reason the missing receipt affidavit function is disabled as a delegate

monteypoo_2-1697724186988.png

Transactions don't sync though... The account holder has to log in and add to an expense report for this to work. 

monteypoo

I'm not sure what you mean by sync, do you mean the ExpenseIt tool that tries to link the receipt images with the matching expense report? If that is what you are talking about, you can still switch to a delegate account in the mobile app and use the ExpenseIt tool to take a photo of the receipt and providing the OCR extracts the data correctly it should sync with the correct report.

Right now my boss' expense report has 3 transactions waiting to be added to a report.  When I log in as him I see these 3 transactions, but when I or another admin 'acts on behalf of' or as a delegate logs into their account they see 0 transactions. I asked Concur about this and this was their response

aliatabsinvcom_2-1697726367950.png

aliatabsinvcom_1-1697726317096.png

@aliatabsinvcom are you actually signing in to your boss' account or are you signing in to your own account then switching users? 

What our support team told you is correct, if the card was added by the user and connected through Yodlee, then available expenses imported from Yodlee will not be visible to delegates. 

Is your company using ExpenseIt? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TeresaN

I made our executive admin a delegate so maybe that will be the work around for us.

TeresaN

I downloaded the Microsoft authenticator and I was able to login to my account as well as the other employee executive that I do their report for using the same authenticator on my phone.  So it seems like as long as you have their user name and password the authenticator on your personal phone will work on both accounts and you will not need to ask the executive for a code.

aliatabsinvcom
New Member - Level 2

yes, but then the executive cannot log into their account now without you giving them the code.  we have a few instances where the executive uses the app to upload receipts then admins associate them with expenses, add to the reports, etc.  They will no longer be able to do anything for themselves.  its all or nothing with this change.  Also, in our org the admin works on the report then the executive goes in and approves/verifies receipts.  That process won't work.  What is the alternative? emailing them a copy of the "receipt report" which is frankly useless.

monteypoo

Yeah this is also a workaround we have been thinking about, but it just means the executive themselves can't log in to their own account, or if you ever go on annual leave or leave the company then you will need to reset the 2FA and set it up on your replacement/cover phone.

We also use Concur to book travel... 😞  I'm literally crying.