cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmassagliaNGC
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel per night overcharge

I looked at the receipt for my traveler's hotel- and they charged him a higher rate (with increased taxes to match).  Total Charge:  $173.06.  I called the hotel and they said they were issuing a refund and corrected the invoice.  New total on the corrected receipt is $127.70.  But the initial card transaction is still the full 173.06 so when I price out my room charge and taxes- it leaves the balance of the refund of ($45.36).  

My question is - the Card Charge is the full $173.06.  It will be off by the expected refund of ($45.36).  How do explain the missing itemization on the initial charge?  The refund will take a few days to post and will be a separate line item.  I know I will need to add that to the same expense report.  But the initial charge is not going to match up unless I explain the missing funds.  What do I choose in "Itemizations"?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wmassagliaNGC you will need to itemize out the hotel as if the overcharge never happened. Otherwise you will not be able to get the itemizations remaining amount to zero. When the credit/refund appears, it will balance out. I would provide a copy of both receipts and use the Comment field to explain that there was an overcharge, but you had to itemize the Hotel with the overcharge so as to cover the full charge to the card.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
wmassagliaNGC
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you!