cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockwell_Bill
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel charged my card at check in deposit for 7 days

Hotel charged my card at check in a deposit for 7 days, I stayed 5 nights then checked out early. Hotel refunded my card the last two nights. I need to itemize because each night is a different amount. 

How do I enter the refunded amount?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rockwell_Bill you should be able to enter the refund just like any other individual charge to your hotel room. Just make it a negative amount. 

You might have to categorize it with the Hotel expense type in your itemizations. I would also use the Comment field to explain why it was refunded.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Rockwell_Bill

Thanks for responding,

When I itemize, I get this:

Rockwell_Bill_0-1718726065822.png

The Hotel Refunded $-1,015.00. When I add the itemization of $-1,015.00, I get This:

Rockwell_Bill_1-1718726323800.png

What am I missing ?

Rockwell_Bill

This is the result when I add the refund as a separate item:

Rockwell_Bill_3-1718727246369.png

@Rockwell_Bill I see you were able to get this sorted out. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

ince there is a charge and then subsequent credit in 2 different transactions, you will need to itemize the entire 7 night stay on the initial charge.  I would comment on the 2 nights to see the credit for them.  Then itemize the credit with the negative amounts.  With 2 separate transactions, you need to itemize both.  Comments always assist for the review.

Nancy Murray
Agfa