cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bedeber
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel cancellation with non-refundable clause

Hello,

For the purposes of my project, I made a reservation for several nights in the same hotel as my team. Following a discussion with my manager, he asked me to cancel my reservation because the cost of the night was above the authorized amount.

So I had to cancel my reservation for the hotel on Concur and I got the cancellation confirmation.

The reservation had been made on Friday September 02 and the cancellation of the hotel on Monday September 05.

So I booked a cheaper room in another hotel to be in line with my company's travel policy.

My problem is that the reservation I had made had a no refund clause and that I was debited from my bank account (I could not use my AMEX because I am redoing it).

Is it possible that I can be reimbursed for the amount that I was charged because it is still a significant cost.

Can you help me with this or advise me on the actions I should take ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bedeber the best course of action is to ask your manager if this is allowed. We cannot really advise you if it is allowed because that might be against your company policy, so asking your manager is what I would recommend. Hopefully your manager will know your company policy regarding this situation. 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.