cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raluca_sandu
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel allocation

Hello,

My client is unable to modify the HOTEL allocation. Their configuration dictates that only the processor can change the expense allocation, and if it remains unmodified, the report and individual expenses inherit the Cost Center assigned in the employee’s profile.

The issue arises when one person also pays for a colleague. How can I allocate the expense to both of them? In the HOTEL entry forms, it always appears as HOTEL NO ALLOCATION. Is there an alternative that allows for modification? Otherwise, when attempting to save the change, the system displays a message stating that the Hotel expense type cannot be allocated.

If the option to add an attendee from among the employees in the system is introduced, does the system inherit the attendee’s Cost Center, or does it retain the entire amount under the Cost Center of the employee who is entering the expense?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@raluca_sandu based on what you described, it sounds like you won't be able to allocate to two different cost centers. I am guessing the colleague's cost center is different from the person who incurred the charge, correct?

If only processors can allocate, then what I would do is add a comment to the hotel expense providing the details of how the entry should be allocated to the two different cost centers. This really sounds like your only option since hotel is blocked from being allocated.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
raluca_sandu
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,
That's right each person has a different cost center.
The problem is that the error that the allocation cannot be changed appears right at the processor, he is the only one who can change the allocations, but in the case of the expense type hotel he cannot do that.
Currently he told me that he makes an accounting entry after recording the report, but as you can imagine this slows down the work a lot.

Thank you,

Raluca