cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BDAVIGNON
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel Receipt Different from Booking Price

Just had my first Expense Report returned to me.

I can see why, but don't know how to fix it.

The Hotel Billed me a different room rate than is shown on the Concur booking receipt.

I think they charged me more when I checked in on their app and chose my own room.

How do I correct this? 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BDAVIGNON I cannot speak to how the person reviewing your report handled it, but if the amount of the expense entry matches the amount on the receipt/bill from the hotel, you should be fine. 

In fact, the booking made in SAP Concur is an estimated amount of your stay as it only includes the number of nights and room rate. The booking doesn't take into account room taxes or any other hotel related charges. So, even if the room rate you were charged is what you originally saw when you made the booking, the itinerary item still wouldn't exactly match the amount you get charged upon checkout. 

What was the comment entered by the person who returned your report? The comment will tell you what the issue is. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
BDAVIGNON
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks for your quick reply, Kevin!  We were away at our Annual Sales Meeting last week, so I apologize for the delayed response.

The report was returned with the following notes:

"The daily rate on the hotel itinerary does not match the hotel folio. We recommend contacting the Travel Management Company to resolve the discrepancy. Please resubmit the expense reimbursement with the updated documentation or the transactional approval of a CEMP RBE Exception Approver."

Concur Reservation Shows:

Room rate: USD125.10 Taxes & fees: USD16.26
Total amount: USD141.36

Hotel Bill Shows:

GUEST ROOM $152.10
SALES TAX $12.17
NYS OCCUPANCY TAX $7.61
TOTAL ($171.88)

I believe when I checked in online, the rooms available were at the higher price, and that is what the Hotel billed me.

Should I re-submit with these notes, or is there a better route to take?

THANK YOU!

-Barry