cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acmorgan12
Routine Member - Level 1

Hotel Folio Mapping

I am trying to make modifications to the Hotel Folio Mapping, which is found under the Expense Types.

I submitted a case, but Concur is saying that it is not covered and is being sent to a consultant.

I am confused on why there are several Knowledge Base articles outlining the actions an admin would need to make these changes. There is also SAP Concur documentation outlining all the steps to update this.

Why would an outsourced Consultant need to review and make this change if it is all set up for an ADMIN to do it. 

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@acmorgan12 Are you not able to make the changes yourself? What are you wanting to change? I might be able to provide some guidance if you have the access. It will likely take you way less time to do it yourself. 🙂

I'll await your reply.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
acmorgan12
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD I would LOVE to be able to make the changes myself. I submitted a case to have my Hotel Folio Mapping updated because when I go to try to modify the fields it is blocked. I submitted a case with 2 questions. 

1. Can you make the changes per my spreadsheet (one column for the Mapping category, one column for the assigned Expense Type) changes?

2. Does Concur make these changes or does the Admin? If the Admin makes the change, which permission level needs to be granted for them to access this?

While they did update my Hotel Folio Mapping, I was not provided with clear guidance on whether or not this is a Concur update or Admin update. If an Admin is asking Concur support I would imagine they would be able to give that answer fairly quickly rather than attached a Permissions guide which does not clearly answer the question, leaves me to review the guide, and come back with more questions. 

I also want to add to this the Travel Reservation Type Mapping. I am trying to modify these fields as well but again I am blocked. I submitted a case on this and it is in the middle of being processed, but again the case person doesn't have clear direction for me. 

1. Does Concur or the Admin update Travel Reservation Type Mapping?

2. If the Admin updates Travel Reservation Type Mapping, what permission do they need for them to be able to update?

Again, I would really like to be able to update my site. I can get permissions updated, but also don't want to go in blindly just adding permissions to my profile on a 'whim'. Some extra guidance is appreciated.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@acmorgan12 because the mapping is done through policies, you won't be able to make these changes yourself. So, this is not something an admin can do. However, if you would like to be able to make these changes and other site configuration changes, like forms and fields, groups, etc., you can take our advanced configuration class. If you would like to know more about this class, send an email to: training@concur.com.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
acmorgan12
Routine Member - Level 1

Thanks @KevinD ! After  going back and forth on the case the support contact was able to get our site updated. The changes are already seen and making it easier for the end users.