cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afarrington
New Member - Level 1

Hotel Expense - Itemization

Hello,

I recently noticed that Concur is automatically itemizing hotel expenses. I do not want Concur to itemize each hotel charge, is this a new feature or an update of some kind? Has anyone had experience with Concur automatically itemizing an expense, even if you don't want it to? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
MW
Occasional Member - Level 1

Is there any plan to address this? It makes no sense, why is it only the hotel expenses as it is additional taxes on the receipt and the final bill matches correctly. Only some do this in my company not all

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MW Concur auto-itemizes in two situations: 1. If the user takes a picture of their hotel receipt using ExpenseIt and 2. If the credit card used to make the purchase has e-receipts activated by the user. 

It is only the hotel expense because it is the main expense type that has additional charges that make up the total bill. A majority of our customers require hotel itemization, so we have the auto-itemize feature to help users have less clicks and save them time.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MW
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin,

How do I turn off the hotel itemized part as our company and as I’m finding that I am the only person get this. 

Thank you. 
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MW Here is what I found below. Let me know if you have any questions. If you are not on our Professional platform and are using a Standard configuration, you would simply go to the Expense Types for Expenses screen and change the Spend Category of the Hotel expense type to Lodging instead of Lodging - Track Hotel Spend. 

Professional
Resolution/Answer
Note:  Expense Configuration Administrator permission is needed to perform steps
To stop the auto-itemization when an e-receipt or credit card data is present:
  1. Go to Administration > Expense Expense Admin Policies
  2. Select the Policy
  3. Click Expense Types
  4. Click Folio Type Mapping
  5. Change all the drop-downs to show None
  6. Click Save
  7. Click Done
If you do not have the Expense Configuration Administrator permission then you will need to open a case with Concur Support and include:
  • Policy Name you would like to change
  • Folio types (or all) you want changed
  • Authorization to for SAP Concur Suppor to make changes to your site

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.