cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelbear5
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel Expense Itemization with different daily rates

From my interactions with the Hotel Expense itemization, it is not possible to use different daily rate itemizations within the same expense line item. This is frustrating.

I expect the UI to let me add additional itemization date ranges without making multiple expense line items so I don't have to upload the same receipt multiple times and fake my check in/checkout dates for each rate change. 

2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joel,

You can certainly enter different hotel rates if the rate changes and you only need to provide a receipt image of the entire hotel bill. No need to attach multiple images. 

I've provided 4 screenshots so you can see what I'm referring to. 

I hope this helps. First ScreenshotFirst ScreenshotSecond ScreenshotSecond ScreenshotThird ScreenshotThird ScreenshotFourth ScreenshotFourth Screenshot

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @joelbear5

Great question!

Thanks, @KevinD, for the step by step on how to do this. This is really helpful! I am sure other community members were wondering the same thing.

We also have a video that goes over the "how-tos" as well. Check it out: 

Hope this helps!

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joel,

You can certainly enter different hotel rates if the rate changes and you only need to provide a receipt image of the entire hotel bill. No need to attach multiple images. 

I've provided 4 screenshots so you can see what I'm referring to. 

I hope this helps. First ScreenshotFirst ScreenshotSecond ScreenshotSecond ScreenshotThird ScreenshotThird ScreenshotFourth ScreenshotFourth Screenshot

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @joelbear5

Great question!

Thanks, @KevinD, for the step by step on how to do this. This is really helpful! I am sure other community members were wondering the same thing.

We also have a video that goes over the "how-tos" as well. Check it out: 

Hope this helps!

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

joelbear5
Occasional Member - Level 1

Ok, I see how that works, but it's definitely not an intuitive approach to solving the problem. I would consider that a work-around. But I appreciate the quick response, thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joel,

The next version of our User Interface will have an option to enter the number of days you stayed, then you will have a tab to enter the hotel room rate for each day when you have varying rates. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
cpolifka1
Routine Member - Level 2

I have found when Hotel's stay's are coming across to be itemized, it is frustrating that some times it works and other times it does not. Might be due to the Hotel that the user is staying at. The only work around I found is to remove the hotel expense from the report and unmatch the receipt. Put the Hotel charge back into Concur and add the attachment using attach receipt. Then Concur wants to match this again. Anyone have a alternative suggestions?  Thank you.