cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CallumBarnes
Occasional Member - Level 3

Horizon theme - can no longer create a mileage expense on Android app

The latest update to the Concur mobile app with the ‘Horizon’ theme has begun to roll out to our users. Concur originally advised us that the changes were visual and that functionality would not change, however we’ve identified today that in least two areas this is not the case.

On the Android application specifically, there is no longer an option to manually create a mileage expense. Prior to the Horizon update, users could click ‘Mileage’ and then ‘Enter Manually’ to do this:

CallumBarnes_1-1689162575172.png

CallumBarnes_3-1689162575173.png

However in the new version of the app this option is not present (menu is from the ‘+’ icon on the Expenses tab):

CallumBarnes_4-1689162575173.png

In the above, ‘Create New Expense’ is for any expense other than mileage – on the iOS app this is addressed by having one option for mileage, and one for manual expenses:

CallumBarnes_5-1689162575183.png

We are aware that users can workaround this issue by opening a claim first and adding an expense to it, however this still represents a significant change in functionality for us which was not anticipated as part of this visual update, and therefore has not been communicated and is currently causing our users much confusion.

We have also separately noticed that when creating a ‘Manual Expense’ (i.e. not mileage) the default currency shown on that screen only is in USD rather than our default GBP. This was not the case on the previous app version and so not related to user / company settings. Both the iOS and Android applications are facing this issue.

I understand the app went through a testing period with other customers for over a month before rolling out more widely, I’d have hoped this would have been picked up as a part of that process.

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CallumBarnes I've mentioned your post to our mobile support team. I'm hoping someone replies. I'll let you know if I hear something.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CallumBarnes

Hi Kevin,

Thanks - I see version 10.0.1 has been released for Android today so I was hopeful for a fix, however none of the issues we've identified have been addressed.

We've also noticed that this version of the Android app is consistently rounding down on mileage, so an 8.8 mile trip (for example) is rounding to 8 on Android and 9 on iOS. This wasn't the case before the theme change - I'm not sure how a visual upgrade can affect this functionality.

The training material available on https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/MobileDocs/Mob_UG_Expense_Android.pdf does show the 'Create Mileage Expense' option in it's Android screenshots so I think this is a definite bug / oversight.

Thanks,

Callum

CallumBarnes

It looks like Concur may have rolled back the update to version 9.113.1 on Android. I haven't had official confirmation of this though.

9.113.1 is a version where the ability to add a manual mileage expense is working however the rounding issue is still present. On version 9.112.0, the rounding issue did not exist. 

@CallumBarnes I did hear from our mobile support team. They are aware of these issues and it has been escalated to R&D. They also suggested that you submit a help ticket to SAP Concur Support, that way you can be notified once the fixes are released. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
CallumBarnes

Thanks Kevin, we have raised a ticket and I've heard the same through them.

I've not heard anything official regarding the version rollback though - and I'm surprised 9.113.1 was chosen when the last known good version seems to be 9.112.0.

Sibel
Occasional Member - Level 2

Our android users are not very happy with the latest Fiori theme. I haven't been able to collect exactly why they are not happy about but some users (on version 10.0.2.) for example say that ExpenseIt in the profile setting is disabled every time they close the app, so they must to go to setting and enable that every time they will use the app.  

Majority of our users are using iOS based phone, and they are quite happy, so no noise from them.