cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCSE
Occasional Member - Level 1

HELP: How to claim fuel expense for work vehicle

I'm trying to claim a fuel expense using a scanned paper reciept detailing the date, time, location, amount of fuel and cost but concur gives me 2 errors.

"Applicable only in case of Car Rental."

"This itemized entry has sub-entries with one or more exceptions. "

How can I stop these errors and claim this fuel expense?

I've included a photo below for context.fuel expense claim.png

5 REPLIES 5
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hello @JCSE 

It appears that your company policy allows employees to claim fuel expenses only when renting a car. For personal cars, the fuel cost is typically included in the mileage rate configured. If you are using a company car, you are likely expected to use a fuel card.

I recommend reviewing the policy and training materials for further clarification. If these resources do not provide the clarity needed, please reach out to your internal support team.

If you are indeed using a rental car, ensure that the rental expense is included in the report. This should likely resolve the error when you save the entry again or resubmit the report.

Hope this helps.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JCSE I agree with @rohanpatil I think you need to submit a mileage expense. I'm guessing this was for use of your own personal vehicle, correct?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JCSE
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks KevinD, 
This expense was for a work owned vehicle, the fuel card did not pay successfully and I had to use my personal card.. I'll look into a mileage expense.

Cheers,

JCSE

crystalreports
Occasional Member - Level 3

At my org, if we use the personal mileage expense, that becomes a disadvantage to the Company because the mileage expense is supposed to cover all costs relating to using your own personal vehicle (depreciation, fuel, wear and tear, etc.)

Since this is a company vehicle and you merely want to get reimbursed for fuel you paid out of pocket, it seems it was such an unusual case that your company did not provide a way to handle it under the normal process.

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

We have a specific expense type if a fuel card for a company vehicle does not work.  The corp card can be used but the specific expense type needs a comment.  Have you tried another expense type with a comment?  We also have a misc expense that some could use for things that have no other place.

Nancy Murray
Agfa