cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbihler
Occasional Member - Level 1

Fraudulent transaction handling for expense report

We have charges that came through our bank feed to Concur identified as fraudulent.  How do we delete the transactions so they don't flow to our GL in NetSuite?  I hid them but they still show up on reports.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nbihler if the employees have not added them to a report, then there are two options:

1. As the site admin, you can go in and do a search for Unassigned transactions for each user who has the issue. When the list of transactions appear, you select all the fraudulent charges and use the Hide Selected Rows option. 

2. You can turn on the setting to allow users to delete card charges. That way the users can delete the charges from their own Available Expenses. This option is found by going to Administration>Company>Tools. From here select Company Card. On the Company Card screen, click the Settings tab. The first option on this screen will be to allow deleting. If you do this, I would only turn it on temporarily. Once the charges have been deleted, turn this option back off. 

Now, if the charges in question have been submitted on an expense report and the report has not been fully approved, have the users Recall the reports, delete the report then use one of the two options I mentioned above. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @nbihler 

is this referring to credit card transactions? as you mentioned bank feed..

if you think there are fraudulent transactions you or the owner of the card account should contact the credit card company and dispute those transactions. The credit card company will reverse them with a credit, and eventually there you hide credit/debit.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
nbihler

To clarify my question - the credit card transactions are automatically fed into Concur.  We don't want them to be included on an expense report to feed into NetSuite.  The charges have already been resolved by the bank and have been reversed.  How do we hide them from reports or delete them?

if they have been already included on an expense report, you would first need to remove from the same and leave those on outstanding transactions. 

if you are the Company credit card administrator, otherwise ask to who is, they can hide them from the system under the list of outstanding credit card transactions. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nbihler Are you on a Standard or Professional configuration of Concur? When the fraudulent charge shows in Concur, how is it categorized? Does it show as a bank initiated or how do you know it is marked as fraudulent? I'm asking because things like bank initiated activity (i.e. late fees) can be set to no upload into user's available expenses, so maybe the same could be done for fraudulent charges. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
nbihler

I believe we are on a Standard configuration of Concur.  It was not categorized in Concur.  It was a series of charges initiated on a foreign website and we know it is fraudulent based on the types of charges incurred by our employees.  The charges automatically were uploaded to to the user's available expenses based on his credit card information.  

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nbihler if the employees have not added them to a report, then there are two options:

1. As the site admin, you can go in and do a search for Unassigned transactions for each user who has the issue. When the list of transactions appear, you select all the fraudulent charges and use the Hide Selected Rows option. 

2. You can turn on the setting to allow users to delete card charges. That way the users can delete the charges from their own Available Expenses. This option is found by going to Administration>Company>Tools. From here select Company Card. On the Company Card screen, click the Settings tab. The first option on this screen will be to allow deleting. If you do this, I would only turn it on temporarily. Once the charges have been deleted, turn this option back off. 

Now, if the charges in question have been submitted on an expense report and the report has not been fully approved, have the users Recall the reports, delete the report then use one of the two options I mentioned above. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
miafabishak

Hi, I am really struggling with clear directions on how to handle a fraudulent charge.  Can you please reply with clear directions on how to handle fraudulent charges? I already got reimbursed from credit card company.  Please advise and please make them clear.  From what I read it isn't very clear. Thanks!

DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

When you got reimbursed from the credit card company did they also send you a credit transaction showing the reversal amount?  What I have my folks do is submit both the fraudulent charge and then the bank issued refund/credit (hopefully in the same report) so that they zero each other out.  Make sure the same expense type is used for both the original fraudulent charge and then the Fraud Credit so that it truly offsets each other.  We have our employees submit them so that when our controllers try to reconcile our credit card statements after the end of the month then those transactions are included.   If the bank doesn't send the credit/refund in before month end then it may be that the fraud charge is in one month and then the fraud credit in the next month.

Debbie Cassell
Behall284
New Member - Level 1

Hi, I have a fraudulent charge, and the CC company dropped the ball with the investigation, so the charges have not been reversed.  It has nearly been 30 days since the charges have appeared and the company is asking for an explanation and threatening that my card privileges will be revoked.  What am I supposed to do about this?  I already called the CC a 2nd time to have them reopen the investigation but now I have to wait an additional time for them to re-investigate, I have other charges to offset this.