cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobby_baker
Occasional Member - Level 1

Fraudulent Expense

I had a fraudulent expense that I disputed with AMEX. AMEX shows zero balance as the investigation was completed. In Concur I show the expense and a credit for the same amount. In trying to submit an expense report, there is the option to select "Fraud Dispute/Do not Pay". When I try to submit the report it gives me an exception that will not allow me to submit asking me to mark as a personal expense which it was not a personal expense. Please advise if you've ran into this issue. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobby_baker I believe the Fraud Dispute/Do Not Pay expense type is to be used when there is no corresponding credit amount shown in Concur.  When you add both of these to your expense report, they will cancel each other out. There isn't a need to mark it as personal since together they equal zero. You will need to pick an expense type other than Fraud. Maybe if there is an expense type of Other, use that for both of these transactions. You can always use the Comment field to provide a brief explanation. 

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything clarified. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.