cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulaM
Occasional Member - Level 1

Form field requirement change vs impact

Hi,

Simple question but I am not able to find straight forward response in the documentation. If we add a field to entry for (for example Vendor) and make it required, what will happen with report already submitted before the change?

Will processors see any warning right away or maybe after saving the entry? Or maybe no message or errors will be displayed at all?

And in case of a red message - will this have any impact on the workflow? I don't think so but wanted to double check.

If this is clarified anywhere in the official documents please let me know where to find it.

I found something like below but it is not clear to me:

The Form Fields tab is used to configure fields after they have been assigned to
forms. Note the following about form fields:
• A change made on the Form Fields tab affects only the selected field (or
fields) on that form. The change does not affect the default field nor any field
on another form.
• A change made on the Fields tab after a field has been added to a form may
or not affect the form field.
 If the administrator has edited the form field, a change made to the
default field (on the Fields tab) does not affect the form field.
 If the administrator has not edited the form field – is it still the same as
the default field (on the Fields tab) – then a change made on the Fields
tab will affect the form field.

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JulaM reports that have been submitted technically will not be affected. Although the field will appear to the approvers and the field will be blank, the requirement is for those submitting the report, not approving the report. Approvers will see that a required field is blank, but they can still approve the report.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.