cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sathishanand
Occasional Member - Level 1

Forex Refund expense type should not be selected when Claim Total is equal to or more than Cash Adva

Dear community members, I have a situation that doesn't allow me to submit the international travel expense because of the following reason "Forex Refund expense type should not be selected when Claim Total is equal to or more than Cash Advance issued/attached with report" Kindly let me know the solution.

sathishanand_0-1684759123687.png

1 Solution
Solution
Dharshan07
New Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD ,

This affects me too. I've taken advance of $700 in Forex card from company, which I've spent $523 and like to return the amount under "Forex refund". My total expense is nearly $1200 including own arrangement. I couldn't submit response by this error "forex refund expense type should not be selected when claim total is equal to or more than cash advance issued/attached with report". 

I've added Forex refund deficit( personal expense) now its not showing any error, don't know that's the right procedure.

Rgards,

Priyadharshan  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sathishanand I see you resolved the issue. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
Dharshan07
New Member - Level 1

Hi @KevinD ,

This affects me too. I've taken advance of $700 in Forex card from company, which I've spent $523 and like to return the amount under "Forex refund". My total expense is nearly $1200 including own arrangement. I couldn't submit response by this error "forex refund expense type should not be selected when claim total is equal to or more than cash advance issued/attached with report". 

I've added Forex refund deficit( personal expense) now its not showing any error, don't know that's the right procedure.

Rgards,

Priyadharshan  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dharshan07 the Forex refund is something specific to your organization. I'm not sure if that is the correct procedure, but I guess you can submit the report and see what happens. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sathishanand

With that error, I couldn't able to submit. I raised an ticket and got the ticket solved. As @Dharshan07 mentioned the conflict amount has been added as Forex refund deficit. Though I don't have an idea of how they came up with that amount, the issue got resolved with the above mentioned solution.

sathishanand

As @Dharshan07 mentioned the conflict amount has been added as Forex refund deficit. Though I don't have an idea of how they came up with that amount, the issue got resolved with the above mentioned solution. Thanks everyone for your comments and solution.

joannejones

To tackle this, here's what you can do. First, double-check your claim total and ensure it doesn't surpass the cash advance amount. If it does, you might need to make some adjustments or consider returning the excess cash advance.
If your claim total is within the limits, try selecting a different expense type that aligns with your situation. Maybe there's another category that suits your expenses perfectly. It's all about finding that workaround, mate!
Hang in there, buddy! Navigating expense claims can be a wild ride, but you'll figure it out. And hey, while you're at it, check out this link https://www.earnforex.com/forex-vps-hosting/ for some helpful insights on forex VPS hosting. It might come in handy for your forex adventures!