cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bychen3000
Occasional Member - Level 1

Flight charge comes in as cash....waited for matching as Corp Card expense but not coming in

Hello - 

I've read through the message boards about charges in Concur that come in as "Cash", but should be designated as "Amex Corporate Card".   I've waited a few days, removed the expense in question from a report (so that the incoming charge can be matched), and called Amex (which does show the correct charge on their side), but the expense still sits as "Cash", and setting "Pending Cash Transaction" still won't allow me to have the proper designation for the expense, and thus not be able to submit the Expense Report.  Please advise as to best course of action, tyvm

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bychen3000 by system design, you aren't able to choose the AMEX payment type. However, an alternative would be to get permission from your manager or site administrator to submit the expense as cash. Just explain the situation. What this does it provides you with the reimbursement amount that you can then use to make a payment to your company card. This will help avoid any late payments/fees. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bychen3000 in most cases, the AMEX charge that should be matched to this Cash or Pending item was already assigned to another expense report and submitted. 

My suggestion is to go look at all your other open or previously submitted reports and see if the Airfare AMEX charge is sitting on one of those reports. About 99% of the time, the charge was already assigned to a report. 

Give that a try and let me know what you find. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bychen3000

@KevinD  Appreciate the prompt response.  Unfortunately, the ticket expense has not been assigned to another expense report and submitted.

I typically would have waited a few more days for the expense to be matched to a card transaction, but other charges conducted on the date in question, and even a day later, have already flowed through correctly.  Is it possible that, by me moving the Cash charge to a Expense Report, and then moving it back, missed a window to match (in other words, is there a Batch process that comes in , and has passed)?

Already called my card provider, who does see the correct expense, to see if they could cancel and resubmit, but they say they cannot.

Tyvm

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bychen3000 so, if this is in regards to the United ticket, it is possible that the transaction just hasn't come in yet. I see the purchase date was 12/23. It usually takes 3-5 business days to come into your Available Expenses. Keep in mind that there were three days that were weekend and a holiday from the date of purchase. I would give it another couple days to see if it comes in. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
bychen3000

@KevinD Appreciate the advice.  Will wait over the next few days, tyvm

bychen3000

@Kevin  - Gm.  So waited fora few days, and actually had a direct report have the same booking w/ the same vendor in Concur (United Airlines ticket), and their entry was correctly matched to Amex instead of my current status, which is still Cash.  Is there anything else I can do to override this to Amex?  Don't think the status change is forthcoming

Ty

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bychen3000 by system design, you aren't able to choose the AMEX payment type. However, an alternative would be to get permission from your manager or site administrator to submit the expense as cash. Just explain the situation. What this does it provides you with the reimbursement amount that you can then use to make a payment to your company card. This will help avoid any late payments/fees. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey