cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member - Level 1

Flight Cancelled

My trip was cancelled.  Concur is now asking me to complete an expense report.  I had cancelled the flight.  So how do i get credit for the flight?

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@204004176 If you booked the flight using Concur Travel, the system will keep a record of the credit so that next time you book a flight on that airline, the credit should get applied. 

If you didn't book through Concur Travel, you might want to check with your company's travel agency to make sure you get the credit.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
New Member - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  I booked through Concur, but they system is looking for me to expense this flight.  It's showing overdue.  What do i do?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@204004176 You should call Carlson WagonLit. Because the charge appeared on your AMEX card before it was cancelled, the charge still remains. When a flight gets cancelled, you are not automatically refunded by the airline. Usually, the airline gives you a credit to use on your next flight. You will need to work with the Travel Agency to see if they will get a refund back on your AMEX card. If they do, you will see a new charge with a negative amount show up in your Available Expenses. If not, then you will submit the airfare on an expense report because you will have the airline credit to use on a future flight. 

Does this all make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
megss
New Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

I have a similar issue. I canceled a flight and was refunded. Now there are two rows under expense that are initial payment and refund and I cannot remove these out of the expense, but I also cannot submit this as an expense report because I canceled this. How can I get rid of these transactions under expense? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@megss if you see the initial charge for the airfare (positive amount) and the refund (negative amount) add them both to an expense report. They will zero each other out. You'll need other expenses on the report because you cannot submit a zero total expense report. If you don't have any other expenses, then you'll either need to wait until you have more business expenses or speak to your direct manager about who to contact to ask what you should do with these two charges.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Unitedflyer
New Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin. I have a similar issue. I cancelled a flight through Concur more than 24hrs prior to my departure. I called the airline and they confirmed that they issued the full refund as a travel credit "back to the travel agency". Where can I see the credit in my Concur account? Will the credit be automatically applied the next time I book a flight through Concur w the same airline?

julie1168
New Member - Level 1

I always book through Concur and have yet to see any credits for 3 flights that were cancelled. I don't know what to do or where to look. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@julie1168 ultimately your TMC is responsible for applying any credits to your future bookings. I did a little looking around and even if you don't see the credits, when you do your next booking, when the TMC receives your booking, they should be notified that you have a credit and apply it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
OshinSahni5
New Member - Level 2

Hi, I booked a flight through airlines and submitted my expense report. Now I might have to cancel and hopefully get a refund , will I need to specify expense team that flight has been cancelled or will they be able to track themselves

@OshinSahni5 I would wait to see if you get a refund or a saved credit with the airline. If a saved credit, then the airfare purchase is still valid. If you get a refund, you should then see a negative amount transaction come into your Available Expenses (if airfare was purchased on a company card).  Add the refund transaction to an expense report with other company card transactions that total more than the refund. 

Let me know if this helps. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey