cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salazaja
Occasional Member - Level 1

Filter entire report / page with one click?

Hi,

I'm super new to SAP Concur so the following question will be very basic. I have been passed along an existing dashboard and asked to filter it by BU. That is, they want the exact same thing but all the data should correspond just to one BU. This is what the report currently looks like:

salazaja_0-1666358550102.png

Ideally I would add a dropdown at the top of the report that filters the entire report, is that possible?

I'm seeing a filter icon when I click into a chart or table cell, but I'm really hoping to be able to apply the filter for the entire report.

For what it's worth, clicking into these smaller blocks does show a field called "Division / BU" that I would probably use for this filter, but I just don't know how to filter the entire report / page with one click.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@salazaja I'm not sure this is possible, so I've asked one of my reporting experts. I'm pretty sure that the Division/ BU you found wouldn't filter the entire report, but just that one section. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
salazaja

Yes please let me know @KevinD.

If that's not possible, would the next best thing be to to create a duplicate of the report, one for each BU / Division, and simply feed it the already-filtered data? I don't love the idea of duplicating the reports but if Concur has no intrinsic filtering then idk what else to do...

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@salazaja here is what my reporting contact said about changing this dashboard report. I'm quoting him here. "Not an easy change. The dashboards have a lot of joined queries so it would require making multiple changes." If our reporting team says something isn't easy, then I think people who do not use Cognos every day would have a difficult time updating this dashboard.

While this dashboard is very helpful, you may be able to build your own Cognos report to return the data you are looking for, especially if you are looking for a specific business unit. 

If you build your own report you can include BU/Division and then create a prompt for that data item so that every time you run the report, you can choose a BU/Division from the prompt to have the report run to only show that BU/Division. 

What data are you wanting to see in the report? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
salazaja

Hi Kevin,

The goal was to see the exact same data as the report that has been handed to me, but everything in that report would be filtered by a certain BU  / Division.

Alternatively, I wonder if the data coming into the report could be filtered before it reaches the report, rather than filtering it in the report itself?

Either way, it's sounding like I'm going to have to use Tableau for this, basically starting from scratch 😕

salazaja

<duplicate>