cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieljcaldwell
Occasional Member - Level 1

Extracting Concur Data to Excel + Reporting

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a question that's been asked many times before, but I was wondering if anyone could assist me with Concur's reporting tools. Essentially, I'd like to be able to pull a report from Concur that includes the following fields: employee department, memo (line level), employee name, amount (line level), and date. I was able to create a query that shows these at a high level, but we'd like to export this information where it is itemized.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danieljcaldwell I would suggest adding these items to your report: Report Name, Expense Type, Entry Expense Amount. This will show you all reports for an employee, the individual entries on the report and the amount of each entry as entered by the employee.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
danieljcaldwell
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply! When you refer to report, are you referring to a query? Apologies for the maybe obvious question, we're pretty new to Concur and are on our parent company's policy so I'm still learning.

delucaeb
New Member - Level 1

- Wanted to make a full post, but the POST button was broken...I'm looking to pull all the data off the Concur site > ANALYTICS [I am an admin on the site] and the SAP CONCUR support team is saying I have to generate reports by year manually, and that I can only max out each report with 10,000 records ?!?

Also in some of the reports I've generated, some of the the excel outputs are empty / corrupt !!

Is there not a full population extract ability ?

Can I not connect to the backend Database via an ODBC or API so that I can get the complete population?

Any downstream analysis I do will be misguided if I am not analyzing the complete data set - I need to pull all data from each report back to 2019.

I have the means to do all of this externally in my ETL tool (Alteryx), but I need the base popualtion!!

Any admins / super users please help. 

@KevinD

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@delucaeb the Analytics tool, unfortunately does have limitations. I'm not sure how much details data you can get from using APIs, but here is what I found internally:

Concur APIs:

Concur APIs - SAP Concur APIs allow clients or partners to access data and functions within the SAP Concur product ecosystem. Through the use of these exposed endpoints and functions you can solve a vast array of different business issues and reporting needs such as:

• Pull data from SAP Concur for in-depth reporting services.
  • Reconcile or validate your data by comparing SAP Concur data to what you have.
  • Post new data into SAP Concur allowing for programmatic creation of information.
  • Update existing information in SAP Concur to match your system data.

You can find more information on it through this link: SAP Concur Developer Center | Introduction

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.