cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

External Email Approval for Expenses

We have a unique situation where a certain group of users in our business would like to have an external user (no valid Concur account) to approve expenses after the auditors review the report and before our internal Processors review the report.  Has anyone had any experience with adding a step in the expense workflow to allow such a notification to be sent where the approve/deny action could be reflected back in Concur?  We know we can trigger an email notification for information purposes but looking to be more proactive in this email.

Thoughts or ideas?

Tom

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tstagliano my initial response to reading your question is that this is not possible. The email notification would include the reports to be approved and a link to access SAP Concur to approve, but since they don't have SAP Concur profiles, this wouldn't work. There isn't a way to approve something outside the system. 

Would it have any negative consequence to create profiles for these peopel?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

@KevinD   yes it would be an admin nightmare to create/term/update those profiles as they will change multiple times a day and also we wouldn't want to have to take on the additional burden or support and training these users who are not employees of our company.

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.