cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pettyjohn
Occasional Member - Level 1

ExpenseIt and photos

When my staff are uploading photos via expenseIt, the Expense Type is reverting to cash, and is deleting the "Company Paid Credit Card" option.  We do not accept Cash expenses, which often means we have several expenses that do not download into our accounting system each month.  How do we get ExpenseIt on the App to stop changing the expense type to Cash?

1 Solution
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @pettyjohn 

you should give a few days until the credit card feed into the system so there will be an automatic match between your expense receipt and the credit card transaction, otherwise it will just create a line as "cash" if not yet linked to an identical credit card transaction.

I am neither a fan of ExpenseIt, as fairly enough creates those issues also in company I worked for, and always suggested to people to be aware on how it works, otherwise is better to take pictures of the receipts (add receipts) and doing the final expenses on the laptop later on, with all card transactions fed where the employee would just need to move around receipts matching to the correct transaction.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @pettyjohn 

you should give a few days until the credit card feed into the system so there will be an automatic match between your expense receipt and the credit card transaction, otherwise it will just create a line as "cash" if not yet linked to an identical credit card transaction.

I am neither a fan of ExpenseIt, as fairly enough creates those issues also in company I worked for, and always suggested to people to be aware on how it works, otherwise is better to take pictures of the receipts (add receipts) and doing the final expenses on the laptop later on, with all card transactions fed where the employee would just need to move around receipts matching to the correct transaction.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari