cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edp762
Occasional Member - Level 2

ExpenseIt Accuracy

Hello All - new user here and need some advice.

I forward airfare, hotel, rental car, uber etc. receipts to expense it.  These are all from major name brand companies.  I would say that I have to edit approx 90-95% of all the receipts.  They have incorrect categories, incorrect dates, incorrect vendor names, incorrect amounts, etc.  I basically find it way more time consuming than typing numbers into a spreadsheet.

Here's an example.  I booked 4 flights on AA.  All 4 email receipts are formatted identically.  ExpenseIt got one correct.  Two had incorrect amounts.  One was just jibberish.  3 of the dates were wrong.

Hotel bills are also a disaster.  As you know many have multiple room tax line items.  I normally need to correct every single one.  International is also a mess.

Note this is not related to us taking picture of receipts.  This is forwarding HTML formated emails or PDF files to receipts@ expenseit.com.

What are we doing wrong here?  Or is this the same performance others are seeing?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

One thing that might help is we no longer accept HTML as a format for receipts, so that might be one thing that will help. Personally, I don't forward receipts. I exclusively take pictures of my receipts. If you are receiving emails from vendors with receipts, you could just save the receipt on your computer and attach it to the expense. This way you don't have to worry about the information being incorrect from ExpenseIt. You might as well create the expense directly on the expense report if you are having these issues. Sounds like the time you are taking to fix all the errors could be spent on just creating the expense yourself. 

Just a suggestion. Smiley LOL

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
edp762

OK this is interesting.  I would say 80% of the receipts I get electronically are HTML.  Airlines, trains, Uber, seminars, etc.  Some hotels and some rental cars.  So if I understand correctly I cannot simply forward these to receipts@ExpenseIt.com??  Only receipts that are PDF or images?  So I need to print HTML emails and take a picture of them?  Am I the only one that thinks this is nuts?

For reference it does seem to actally process HTML emails.  It just does a really bad job of it.  Except for the last 2 days - it accepts none of my emails any more.  I've sent in a dozen receipts (including one PDF) and none show up in my expenses. 

I will explain this to the rest of  my mangement team.  This is not at all what was sold to us.  I don't see how this actually saves any time at all.  I have spent literally several hours trying to do a 2 week Europe expense report and I still can't get it over the finish line.

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @edp762 

Good day.

Kindly open a support ticket so I can look further and check OCR results. Once you have the case# kindly reply back to me so I can grab and own the case for investigation. Please include login ID of user I can use for checking.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

AnnaDizo

edp762

Case (14550267) has been opened with SAP Concur Customer Support.

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @edp762 

Good day.

I would strongly suggest that you open a support case via the Portal or ask your Concur Administrator in case you do not have permission. This is for us to have a Support Engineer further investigate on the issue, check OCR results on those receipts mentioned that are not providing results as expected.

Thank you,

AnnaDizo