cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pepepranne13
New Member - Level 1

Expense stating out of pocket, but was made on my company cc

Good morning,

I am working on my bosses' expenses and mine, there are a lot of times where it is stating out of pocket but that is not correct, all of these charges are made with the company cc and should never be out of pocket, I need help as this caused a major issue this week and this cannot happen again., I am new to concur and would love some sort of training. 

3 REPLIES 3
dlamont
Super User
Super User

Are your company card transactions imported into Concur? That is how the system knows it is a company cc. IF the picture of the receipt is uploaded (mobile or manually) before the transaction appears, it should say "Pending card transaction". Sounds like maybe your company cc transactions are not integrated into Concur... You might check with Concur for this, as it makes it much easier for the user and harder for transactions to be submitted as cash, when on a company cc.

DLamont
Pepepranne13
New Member - Level 1

I just checked my personal ones as I am still newer to the company but my boss has been here for over 5 years so I know his are connected but they still only let me choose out of pocket which is causing a lot of problems

@Pepepranne13 there are a couple of things that cause items to show as Out of Pocket in the SAP Concur system:

1. ExpenseIt: This feature will analyze a receipt captured by a user and create an out of pocket entry. If the charge was made on a company card, the user should waif for the company card charge to upload into their SAP Concur profile. It will then match to the ExpenseIt item given the ExpenseIt item is not yet placed on an expense report.

2. The user booked travel using Concur Travel. The user's travel itinerary items will show in their Available Expenses list. These are usually shown with Out of Pocket or sometimes Pending Card Transaction. The system will match these items to their corresponding company card charges, if these items are not yet on an expense report. 

I took a look at your boss' reports. I see three of them. By the way, unless you aren't supposed to, you can combine all the expenses from these reports into one expense report. My be more efficient and cost effective to just do one report. 

Anyway, I see several e-receipt and ExpenseIt items in your boss' Available Expenses. I also see items designated as Triumph CC. These are the card charges. I would suggest looking at the items on the three expense reports that are labeled with Payment Type Triumph CC and see if the dates and amounts of any of these items match the dates and amounts of any of the e-receipt or ExpenseIt items that are showing in the Available Expenses list. You can then combine these items together. Also, look for any items in the Available Expenses list that have Payment Type Triumph CC and see if they match with any items currently sitting on any of your boss' reports. If so, you can add them to that report and combine them. 

Since e-receipts and ExpenseIt items are coming in, the best thing to do when you see these items first appear is to wait. Let them sit there for another couple of days as it takes company card transactions about 3 days to come into SAP Concur. You want the system to auto-match these items, but the only way for that to happen is if the e-receipts and ExpenseIt items are not assigned to an expense report. So, let them sit in Available Expenses until the card charge comes in and matches. 

It is hard to explain over a post here, but hopefully what I've written makes sense.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.