cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishiyu01
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense reprt has not yet been sent to my approver

Dear team,

My expense report has not yet been sent to my approver though my report is already shown "submitted(提出済)".

Please see below screen shot.

ishiyu01_0-1624529538796.png

Please help to solve this so that my approver can check the report and approve.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Yusuke

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ishiyu01 hello there. Your report has been sent to a 3rd party for Audit. This is how your company has configured Concur, so it is expected behavior. Before your approver will see your reports, your reports will be audited to make sure there are no fraudulent charges and to makes sure the expenses are within company policy. Once the audit has taken place, the report will go to your manager/approver for their review. I don't know the time frame for the audit, but since your report was only just submitted yesterday, it will be a few more days before it moves to your manager's queue.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
E065448

Hi my report was submitted last week (June 18, 2021), and i don't see anything in approval. Since it's been almost 1 week old, i believe it should be in approval queue? usually it's just couple days. Is there a way to delete it or resubmit a revised report? I think i might have selected the wrong expense type.. Thanks for your help in advance.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@E065448 your report is Pending External Validation because the expense you submitted has a date of 12/18/2020 which is older than 180 days. These older expenses are subject to an extra validation/approval. Also, I recently worked with a colleague of yours and I found out that your company has an allowance for Work From Home expenses. Is the expense on your report for this allowance? It appears to be from the Business Justification you entered. You are supposed to select the Equipment to WFH expense type, so I think you did choose the incorrect expense type. Also, you should check on the allowance amount you are allowed to submit. Your colleague I helped about a week ago said the allowance is $1100. You entered an amount higher than this. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that your company has the Recall option available for you to pull the expense report back to make a correction. My guess is that the External Validation people or your manager will catch the wrong expense type and the amount and send it back to you. All you can do right now is wait for the report to be returned. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
E065448

Thanks Kevin, the report was sent back to me. I cancelled it and resent anther one, which I thought everything was entered correctly, but it's still in 'Pending External Validation'. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@E065448 I was looking at your site configuration and you may be able to recall the expense report. If you login to Concur, click Expense at the top of the screen this will take you to the Manage Expense screen. You will see your submitted report (highlighted green). Click on the report to open it. When it opens, look to the right for a button labeled Recall. If you see this button, you can click it to pull the report back and make a change to it. Let me know if are able to recall the report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
ishiyu01

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply.

It's noted that it will take a few days to audit the report.

The report submited yesterday (Jun 24) was actually the revised one.

The fiest report was created on Jun 15 but was returned on Jun 21 as I mistyped the date of the expense.

Then,  I revised and resubmited the report on Jun 21 and was supposed that it was delivered to my manager as the first one was sent to my manager immidiately after the  submisstion(Jun 15).

However, as mentioned, it has not yet sent to my manager as of yesterday (Jun 24).

I just wonder why the first report was sent immidiately after submittion but revised one needs audit.

Do I have to ask the person in charge for this SAP system in my organization to clarify when the report will be sent to my manager?

Yusuke

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ishiyu01 usually if an expense report needs an extra approval for some reason, the system will be setup to notify you why. Maybe after you revised the expense report, you entered something that triggered the extra review. 

If you want to try and ask your internal Concur administrator to see how long the audit usually takes, you could do that.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Steve77
New Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, I have a similar issue where i have submitted mine over a week ago now and it still says Pending External Validation.

How do we find out who our internal concur administrator is do you know?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Steve77 my recommendation is to ask your direct manager. You could also reach out to your Accounting or Finance department as they are usually involved with reimbursements and expense reports.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
JulieL
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Yusuke,

I can see on your report, it says pending audit review, this likely is why your approver has not seen your report yet. Your company has this step setup that it goes to an audit review prior to reaching the person that approves.  Our company does not have this feature setup so I am not sure about the turn around time for this. Hope  this helps.