Expense report

I need to find a report by repot ID?

9 REPLIES 9
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @ivmonticelli ,

Can you please provide some more information whether:

• You want to find report of your own in your profile OR
  • As an approver or expense processor, you want to find report of another employee in approval or processor screen OR
  • As an approver or expense processor, you want to find report of another employee in Cognos reporting. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
ivmonticelli
Occasional Member - Level 2

I am a processor and I need to create a report by report ID for a whole department.

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @ivmonticelli ,

There are two ways to create report from processor screen and it depends on where you have department field (on header or on expense entry or on allocation form). Based upon your requirement you choose the right option from below:

Role required - Expense Processor

Navigations: Home >> Expense >> Processor >> Process Reports

1. If department field is available on expense report header 

• Click on List Settings (to add Report ID and Department field) (pop up window will appear)
  • Select Report ID and Department field. You can choose additional fields as well as per your need. Note: This only displays header level fields. It doesn't contain entry and allocation field. 
  • Click Ok.
  • Click on Run Query >> Reports Ready for Processing 

PoojaKumatkar_1-1721284512048.png

PoojaKumatkar_0-1721284379697.png

2. If department field is on expense entry or allocation

• Click on Create/Manage Queries >> Create New Query
  • Create query as shown below for the department and click save. (note - you can select either Report header department or expense entry or allocation level department based on your need)
  • Click on Run Query >> Select your newly created query from drop down so that you will get report for the department.
  • You can use send to excel option to download the report.

PoojaKumatkar_3-1721284799476.png

PoojaKumatkar_5-1721285215100.png

OR

PoojaKumatkar_2-1721284751730.png

OR 

PoojaKumatkar_4-1721284959481.png

PoojaKumatkar_6-1721285432384.png

Hope this would help.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja

@ivmonticelli what is it you are trying to accomplish? You first said you need to find a report by Report ID then you said you are trying to create a report for a whole department.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ivmonticelli

Hello Kevin, yes one of my department's manager asked for a report based on the Report IDs. 

@ivmonticelli okay. What is the manager looking for exactly? Total spend of a certain report? Total spend of all the people in their department?

The Report ID is just a unique identifier of the report but doesn't tell you much else. I think knowing what this department manager is looking to accomplish by having the report ID will help me better assist you.

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ivmonticelli

Thank you so much Kevin. They are looking to have access to the whole trip. To be able to see bookings, and charges.

@ivmonticelli if the user added all trip related expenses to the report and the user has submitted the report, the manager will see the report when they review if for approval. If they have already approved the report, the manager can simply view previously approved reports.

Now, if you are asking about a department head that doesn't do the approvals, but wants to see expense reports for all the employees in their department, then they would either need to have the Expense Processor permission or access to Cognos reporting.

Thank you,
Kevin
ivmonticelli

Yes, this is for the head of the Division and he doesn't want to get into each report, he is asking to get a complete report and will go through the ones he needs to see. That's why he wants the report by report ID, to be able to open the report he wants. I hope it makes sense. I need a report where I can get the report ID.