cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Engelharj
Occasional Member - Level 2

Expense report 2nd level approver

Hello, we are using Concur Expense for several big Company Codes and we have the first level approval (Manager) covered with the load of the Manager information from the HR system. However, for the 2nd level approval (expense reports > 15k$) we can only configure one person per Company Code. This is a big challenge for big entities with many traveller with highvalue expense reports because the one person gets a high workload and is not always familiar with the travel purpose.

Therefore we are looking for a way how we can assign the 2nd level approver on a lower lever, for example per cost center or per assigment in the employee master record. 

Does anyone have a proposal how that can be resolved?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Engelharj To better help with your question, I have a couple questions:

1. Do you have Cost Center setup as a custom field?
  2. Are you open to entering different approval amount limits? 

I know you mentioned reports greater than 15K. 

If you have Cost Center setup as a custom field, then you could setup Cost Object Approval as a workflow and assign and approver to each cost center. Within each cost center, I believe you can then setup multiple approvers with different approval amount limits. Maybe one approver for all reprots under 15k and another for all reports over 15k. 

So, if you could clarify a bit by answering my two questions, I can better guide you. 

Oh, one last question...what are your permission levels within SAP Concur? I'm asking because access to Workflow changes is not something granted unless you have taken the proper training from SAP Concur. Also, Cost Object approval will require setting up a Cost Object Approval hierarchy and that is something we recommend being handled by SAP Concur, unless you have taken the proper training. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Engelharj

Thanks Kevin, I will forward your questions to our Concur expert and let you know the resonse from her.

Engelharj

Hello Kevin, attached is the response from our internal support as to how our system is set up. If this is to difficult through chat, would a dirct contact also be possible?

Best Regards

Jürgen

Corning-Concur.jpg