cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bknicker
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense number of days aged

My company has a policy of turning in expenses within 90 days.  I had an expense denied as being one day more than 90 days old, even though it was exactly 90 days from the date incurred.  I have checked a number of sources and found age (as a number of days between two given dates) is calculated as subtracting an older date from a recent date (in this case April 22, 2019 from July 21, 2019) and is expressed in number of days.  For instance, the difference between a Tuesday on any given week and the following Tuesday is 7 days (not 8 days).  I don't know how Concur calculates this internally for expense reporting.  Does it use this simple calculation or does it add one day, effectively including both the start and end date?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well, I know in Cognos reporting you can create a calculation that shows the number of days between two dates, like you mention. However, in the tool itself, I am not sure it uses that exact type of calculation. Can you PM me your name and the company you work for, please? I can go in your site and take a look. I'm guessing you haven't submitted that expense yet, correct? 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bknicker
Occasional Member - Level 1

How do I message you directly to disclose my employer's name?  I can't tell if this is now a unicast or not...will have to hit post to see.

AshleyB
SAP Concur, Former Employee

Hi @bknicker

I think I can help there! You can learn more about the SAP Business Exchange private messaging feature here: https://community.concur.com/t5/help/faqpage. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Happy to help.

Best,
Ashley Bragg
SAP Concur - Community Manager

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.