cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArnaudLM
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense: field update?

Hi @KevinD ,

I hope you're well. it's been a while since we have last talked.

I would like to update an entry custom field depending on an other entry custom field.

- custom 1 > data type : checkbox, default value: none

- custom 2 > data type : checkbox, default value: Yes

Condition: when checkbox 1 is checked, checkbox 2 becomes unchecked.

Do you think it's possible?

I'm trying using a validation rule, but it seems validation fields can only use customs whom data type is text....

Thanks

Arnaud

3 REPLIES 3
schernau
Routine Member - Level 1

Hey @ArnaudLM, have you tried using the Conditional Fields? I've only tested a few, but I see they are available on expense headers and entry forms, according to the user guide: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Exp/Exp_SG_Forms_Fields.pdf (pg. 35/82)

-----------------
Stephanie Chernau (she, her)
UC San Diego
Integrated Procure-to-Pay Solutions
NTS
Super User
Super User

Hi @ArnaudLM 

we had a similar case but it was impossible to implement it in Concur, last soution was to add some Audit Rules in order to check the allowed combinations.

Regards

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArnaudLM I don't know if that is possible, but there could be a different way to accomplish this. With two checkboxes, there are three options that could apply: Both checked, Box one checked, box two unchecked or box one unchecked, box two checked. 

Could you maybe use a drop down list with three choices where each drop down option matches one of the above combinations? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.