cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorglz12
Occasional Member - Level 2

Expense approver as default is not getting reports

So my default approver is not receiving my expense reports instead someone else are getting them , it shows as he is the default approver and his email is correct. How do I fix this. Any information would be great.

7 REPLIES 7
susanjane
Occasional Member - Level 1

CHeck that the approver didn't assign another as a delegate.  if you are using an approver table in lists the employee import file may need to be updated.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jorglz12 Hello there. I did some investigating and the way your company has set up approvals is by what we call Authorized Approvers. Your assigned default approver is not set up as an Authorized Approver that is why your default approver doesn't receive your reports to approve. 

I don't think you should worry too much about this since this appears to be the way your company wants to do it. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jorglz12

How would I go about changing my Default approver? As my Authorized approver ?as the person right now getting my expense reports to approved is not the correct person? For example I got John as my default approver , but when  submit my report Mark gets it, instead of John.  .  Thank you for your help

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jorglz12 most likely your system is set up to not allow you to choose your own approver. You will have to request the change from your internal SAP Concur Administrator. I wasn't able to see who this is, so I would recommend reaching out to your current manager and see if they can help with contacting someone regarding this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jorglz12

Kevin, thank for your help. I called an number and they gave me an email to see if the can fix this . 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jorglz12 great. Hopefully it will be an easy fix for them. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
TammyK
Super User
Super User

Our company has a Rule in place "Overdue Expense Report Approvals".  If the "Assigned Approver" (aka Manager) on the User's profile does not approve within 10 days it elevates to the next level which is the Manager's Approver (aka VP).

Example:  User (Jorg) submits report to his Manager (John).  10 days pass without John approving.  On the 11th day Jorg's report elevates to John's Manager, Mark.  Hope that makes sense.  Not sure if your company has a set-up like that.