cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PEKELL
Occasional Member - Level 2

Expense Workflows - at Expense type level

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a workflow that will be assigned to an approver/group when a specific expense type has been selected?

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PEKELL Hello there. When I first read your question, my initial answer was no. However, due to overwhelming curiosity, I tried doing what you asked about and to my surprise, I was able to get it to work. 

Now, the question to you is, do you have sufficient permission in the SAP Concur system to modify workflows? Most people do not have the permission. If you or no one at your company has this permission, then you will need to submit a support ticket to get this done. 

In my test, I set up a workflow step to change approver to a specific approver, so I don't think you can do this for a group of people. I used a specific expense type and basically told the system if the expense entry equals xxxx expense type, then send to ABC Approver. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PEKELL
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi @KevinD , That is great news, and happy someone else gets curious about these things.

Did your test reveal that if you have multiple expense types in a report, but one of the entries are for the expense type XX, the whole report reassigned to the Expense type XX approver?

I am investigating the permissions now (as I do not believe I have the appropriate access to view/amend workflows in Concur).

Thank you , really appreciate your assistance

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

Hi @PEKELL , 

We've had such a rule in place for a number of years, set up and maintained by Concur Support.

If the rule is triggered by a report where any of the expenses use the relevant Expense Type, then the whole report gets reassigned to the approver specified in the workflow rule.  We only have one Expense Type with this rule and we advise users to do a separate report for those expenses to work around this.

Cheers

Dean

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DeanR thank you for providing the clarification and the suggestion. 🙂 Haven't seen you here on the Community for a little while. Nice to see you back. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.