cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

Expense Type not available to select on expenses with itemizations from merchant

Has anyone noticed an issue with expense types not showing available for selection when the expense has itemizations from the merchant (ex - Best Buy, Lowe's, Amazon.com, Home Depot, WalMart.com, etc)?  I have an employee with a purchase card so she has to create a Statement Report each month.  Her latest Statement Report 11/15 - 12/14 is the first one created after our NextGen UI conversion at the end of October.  For the 3 prior Statement Reports before this one she's been buying gifts each month so that in December they'll have all their employee presents purchased, but this month when she tries to select 'Gifts - Staff-' expense type it doesn't even show it available anywhere to select on her Best Buy purchase.  

It appears that there's an issue with transactions that have itemizations provided by the merchant and we never had this issue before NextGen UI.  As a test I deleted all of the itemizations on one Best Buy purchase and then (and only then) did it show me expense type 'Gifts - Staff-' available to be selected.  I submitted a Support Ticket.

Debbie Cassell
1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DCassell220 I suggest posting this in the Admin Group to see if other admins have had this issue. This forum is more read by end users.

Also, when Support gets back to you, could you please provide what they tell you so it could help others? Thank you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DCassell220 I suggest posting this in the Admin Group to see if other admins have had this issue. This forum is more read by end users.

Also, when Support gets back to you, could you please provide what they tell you so it could help others? Thank you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin, someone on the Admin Group replied to me and suggested I look in the Company Card settings under Company Bill Statements and uncheck the box for "Automatically itemize statement report transactions when possible".  I did that and it did remove the automatic itemizations and allow me to select that expense type, but I'm not sure if that's the best way for this to be handled.  I have a call at noon EST on Wed with someone from the Concur Support team.  Thanks!

Debbie Cassell
DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

Thanks for the info, Kevin.  I've replied to other posts before but this is the first one I've started myself and didn't know the best way to do it.  I have added the same post under the Admin Group, too.   

Debbie Cassell