cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLMZ
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Type language in JSON File and financial posting

Hello!

We use Concur with german as default language.

We ceated new Expense Types in English and we customized all expense types in German with the german translation -> english 'Fuel' = 'Kraftstoff' or 'Breakfast' = 'Frühstück' in german settings.

In Concur everything is fine, but in the JSON file and consequently in the financial posting the expense types are always transferred in English.

Is it not possible for the Expense Types to be transferred in German?

A workaround was suggested to me: I should replace all Expense Types in the English language settings with the German terms. But I don't think so.

Thank you,
Mauritius

2 REPLIES 2
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @MLMZ ,

I checked with one of my friend who is FI consultant, he also mentioned that JSON file will always be in English language. However, he is not sure about the whether translated data can be shared as it is in JSON file and used for Fianacial postings.

Regarding expense types which you are translated in Concur, when expense reports get extracted from Concur, all expense types are linked with GL account code and you must be using only GL account codes for the financial posting as per my understanding.

Possible that Expense type name which you are seeing in financial posting that must be the description of GL/Account code which is given in SAP and not from the Concur.

You can try validating this by updating 1 GL code description in German language in SAP and then send some JSON file and check expense type name again.

Note - Above assumptions could be wrong but you can check from your end. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
Andras
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @MLMZ !

Unfortunately, this is not an option. The JSON file is handled in the default language of Concur, which would be English. The name references will always come in that format.

You can influence some the values of these fields, such as business purpose, report name, etc. and later use these in the SAP system.
Additionally, some clients also want the default expense type name to be translated.
For these, the best practice is to use a BADI, that would cross reference the translations upon posting (i.e. lookup the German value of the English original within a preset table).

Also, the language values are not variable. If the user logs in with English, French, etc. - the values coming in the JSON and subsequently used in the posting are not dynamic and will be same in all environments.

To sum this up, the JSON default language cannot be changed.

Best wishes,

Andras
SAP Concur

Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.