cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulB
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Type Usage\Hints for Users

Is their a way to display a short description\usage information about a specific Expense Type when someone selects it on a Form? Sort of a hint on how it should be used or the type of expenses that should go into it.

We are finding as we grow more and more people are using the Expense Types incorrectly. We do train the users on the various Expense Types and their usages. We also have a document on the Concur Expense home page about each Expense Type and there intended usage but most people simply look at the contents of the drop down and select the first one that looks good enough!

Any thoughts would be appreciated

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PaulB we only have tooltips that can be added to a field, not to specific expense types. If you have a small number of expense types you want to help users with, you could create audit rules that will flag the expense entry when certain expense types are selected. The Audit Rule message could provide the explanation.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PaulB we only have tooltips that can be added to a field, not to specific expense types. If you have a small number of expense types you want to help users with, you could create audit rules that will flag the expense entry when certain expense types are selected. The Audit Rule message could provide the explanation.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PaulB
Occasional Member - Level 1

Ya, an Audit Rule also crossed my mind, but the best event for this situation is Entry Save and that is almost after the fact. I was hoping for a OnSelection or OnChange event!

Thanks

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@PaulB In addition to what has already been shared, SAP Concur also offers a customizable version of User Assistance by Walk Me - where you have some flexibility that could address this business requirements. This is something that is billable and that you should discuss with your Customer Success Partner if you are interested in learning more. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator