cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adalbertosantos
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Report not paid by Worldline but with status Paid in Concur

Hi, 

We have a situation in our company where the expense report status is incorrect. We make our expense report payments through Worldline in Concur.
If our employee does not provide their bank account to receive the expense report, and the expense report is approved, the expense report is not paid, but Concur updates the expense report status from approved to paid.
This gives incorrect information to our employee and makes it difficult for our AP team to manage.

AuditTrailCommunity.png

2 REPLIES 2
SNLee89
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi @adalbertosantos 

I’m not sure if it will be helpful for your case.

I’m not familiar with what 'Worldline' is.
Is it a 3rd party reimbursement system (IT solution)?
If so, does your company use an interface to exchange status data between Worldline and Concur?

- If there’s no interface between Concur and Worldline, Concur will automatically change the report's status to "paid" during the next ONP (Overnight Processing) after approval.
- If there is an interface between Concur and Worldline, Concur would need to send the status to Worldline, and once the process is completed in Worldline, it should respond back to Concur.
- If Worldline is integrated through the Concur app center, it might be more effective to contact the CSD portal via ASC, rather than using the Concur community, to resolve the issue.

I’m not a professional Concur community admin, so my response may not be entirely accurate. I just wanted to provide some help, and I hope this information is useful.

Thank you.

acmorgan12
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @adalbertosantos this is a quirk/flaw/exception that I agree with you can be confusing for employees. 

We utilize Worldline as well for our expense report payments.  When a report payment fails, Admins are not informed, you have to go into your batches and find where the rejected payment is. The employee does receive an email stating that there was a failed payment, admins do not for security reasons. Most of our employees will reach out when they receive the failed payment email. It's typically that the bank account is closed and they need to update. Most times Concur picks up the unpaid (but marked as Paid) report and includes it with the next day's batch once the employee has updated their banking information, but sometimes the admin needs to go in and force the payment demand so they are reimbursed. At no point in time does the report status change from Paid to 'Processing Payment'. Once it is paid once, it is set to Paid. The audit trail contains the 'history', where you can see the payment sent, failed, and re-sent, but there is no systematic feedback from Worldine to the expense report approval Worklfow to change the status of the report. I doubt this would ever be integrated as it's something that happens every day with the number of customers Concur has and we cannot be the first to bring this up. 

I had to create a recon file to check Worldline payments weekly. This was our best practice method to determine that the payments are all being paid out. By creating this reporting we're able to catch the times where the payment failed, and the employee did not reach out. Then we can re-initiate the payment for them.