cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s007rrt
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Report Returned

Hello, 

New user with Concur Expense. My 1st expense report was returned. Any suggestions on what I need to fix would be helpful. 

Thank you.

Approval Status Set To

Sent Back to User

Payment Status Set To

Not Paid

Approver's Comments

::*ERROR* Transaction date 10-FEB-2023 is not in an open accounting period for chart C.::::*ERROR* Transaction date 10-FEB-2023 is not in an open accounting period for chart C.::::*ERROR* Transaction date 10-FEB-2023 is not in an open accounting period for chart C.::

1 Solution
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @s007rrt 

It could be that your company has a requirement to send specific expenses by an accounting period that is actually open. E.g. now we are in March and the company won't accept expenses from previous months. I can't say if there is a fiscal reason behind this, as I don't know if related to a specific expense type OR a general policy rule, which seems a bit too strict.  If I were you, I would contact the department that manage expenses and the Concur system to verify OR you might take a full screenshot of your  expenses showing the yellow and red flag warnings, so we might be able to also see if there are other explanation. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @s007rrt 

It could be that your company has a requirement to send specific expenses by an accounting period that is actually open. E.g. now we are in March and the company won't accept expenses from previous months. I can't say if there is a fiscal reason behind this, as I don't know if related to a specific expense type OR a general policy rule, which seems a bit too strict.  If I were you, I would contact the department that manage expenses and the Concur system to verify OR you might take a full screenshot of your  expenses showing the yellow and red flag warnings, so we might be able to also see if there are other explanation. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@s007rrt that reason for being sent back is specific to your company. I suggest asking your direct manager about this. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.