cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TAgee
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Report Not Matching Credit Card Statment

I continue to have my expense report on concur to no match my credit card statement sent out by JP Morgan. How can I correct this? 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TAgee I believe it is okay unless you hear otherwise internally from those who review and approve your reports. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TAgee Can you please provide a little more detail? Are you saying that the expense transactions you see in Concur are not what appears on your credit card statement? 

Keep in mind that card statements usually come out once a month, but Expenses come into Concur more frequently. So, it is possible for an expense to appear on your statement a few weeks after you see the transaction in Concur. It all depends on the day the transaction occurred. 

Let me give you a scenario...my bank credit card statement period runs the 23rd to the 22nd. So, it technically spans two different months. I create an expense report on January 1st to include all expenses for the month. Let's say I use my corporate card on January 23rd. I will see the transaction appear in Concur around January 25th and I could then put it on my January report. However, I won't see the transaction on the bank statement until my next statement comes out, which will be around February 22nd. 

So, unless JP Morgan generates credit card statements based on the 1st of the month to the 30th or 31st, you are probably not going to see an exact match of what is on your statement and what is on your expense report. Also, unless your company mandates it, there is nothing that says your expense report has to exactly match your card statement. The important thing is to get those transactions submitted through Concur to ensure your corporate card gets paid off. 

I hope this makes sense. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TAgee

I do understand what you are saying and that is exactly what is happening. So I am guessing that is ok that the reports do not match...? 

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TAgee I believe it is okay unless you hear otherwise internally from those who review and approve your reports. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
TAgee

Thank you for your help!