Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Expense Assitant

Hi All,

I was just informed that expense assistant will work only for corporate credit card expenses and not for out of pocket expense. Please confirm if this is correct.

Regards,

Harsha

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha they are definitely two separate features. ExpenseIt is a paid add-on service, Expense Assistant is a feature all customers have access to. 

ExpenseIt doesn't create expense reports, only expense entries and it doesn't add entries to reports. That's where Expense Assistant comes in, if activated by the employee. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha I can confirm that this is NOT 100% correct. 

However,there is a big caveat here. If your company is not using our ExpenseIt feature, then your statement would be 100% correct. If your company is using our ExpenseIt feature, then out of pocket expense receipts analyzed by ExpenseIt will be picked up by the Expense Assistant feature. 

For our customers who do not use ExpenseIt, but have employees that link their personal card to their SAP Concur profile, these transactions do not feed in from SAP Concur, they feed in through our third party vendor Yodlee, so that is why they aren't picked up by Expense Assistant. 

I hope this clears it up for you. So, the question is to you, is your company using ExpenseIt?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Hi @KevinD

Thank you for your quick reply.

I was under the assumption that the Expenseit is the new Expense Assistant. Looks like they are two different products from your answer. Let me check with our Concur activation coach if we have Expenseit.

Regards,

Harsha

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha they are definitely two separate features. ExpenseIt is a paid add-on service, Expense Assistant is a feature all customers have access to. 

ExpenseIt doesn't create expense reports, only expense entries and it doesn't add entries to reports. That's where Expense Assistant comes in, if activated by the employee. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

Thank you @KevinD . Our company has Expenseit feature but it was not activated.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha hopefully it has been activated. It will speed up the expense entry process tremendously for your employees. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey