cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leebown
Occasional Member - Level 2

Expense Assistant - Alignment with Corporate Card Dates

Hi,

Does anybody know how Expense Assistant allocates Corporate Card expenses to monthly claims ? 

Our statement period is not quite a calendar month e.g. 31st July - 29th August.

What would happen with a imported Corporate Card Expense dated 31st July?  Concur knows the transaction has a billing date of 29th August but does Expense Assistant allocate it to the July claim or the August claim? 

Thanks in advance,
Lee

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the transaction would be added to the expense claim for July. As far as I understand it, the transaction date is what Expense Assistant uses to add card charges to claims. 

I'd be curious to hear what other people's experience is with this situation. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leebown

Hi Kevin,

I found an article in the Support Portal which confirmed that "when Expense Assistant assigns card transactions to a report, it utilizes the Transaction Date by design."

There is already a Solution Suggestion to enhance.

Regards,
Lee

DeanR
Frequent Member - Level 1

As you've discovered, it is assigned to a monthly report based on Transaction Date.  If your billing cycle is not a calendar month (and most aren't) then you end up with multiple Expense Assistant-created reports for each billing period, requiring manual transfer of expenses and deletion of the superfluous report.  None of our corporate card holders (which would be >90% of our Concur transactions) use Expense Assistant for this reason and I fully support any Solution Suggestion to enable it to align with the card billing cycle.

Jenny

Our credit card statement period is not based calendar month either, so we asked our users to turn off expense assisant.  If you go to the Expense Tab, View Transactions, you should be able to filter Time Period dropdown to the Current Statement period.  This is what we recommend our users to select and move transactions to a report from there, which aligns with credit card statements.  We did find one credit card company import that caused the statement period to not work properly, but we contacted them and they fixed it. 

It would be best if we could tell Expense Assistant to align with our statement periods.